Hello everyone! Welcome to the thirty-fifth weekly summary of the year. How have you been?
In the past week I've been having quite some creativity explosions! Most of it were about writing, which was verbally discussed with my co-writer. I don't have anything tangible or written yet – but the idea is very interesting!
I'm considering lots of things: refining Blooming Chimes writing (it keeps getting better in my opinion, I'm glad I didn't rush-release it!), replanning the sprites (exciting!) and rediscovering new fun art style that I'd love to stick with for both Illa Café and Blooming Chimes!
I think I've finalised everything, and just a little bit more time with Haru's face and then I should get all the visuals in my mind!
I'm no longer afraid of using colourful assets and backgrounds, I found a few methods to be colourful and lovely, yet very themed! It's not much different from my previous art style, but it has certain touch that makes it more doodle-like, simple but colourful and lovely!
All thanks to the works my clients have been giving me recently. I was given lots of creative freedom and it let me discover all of these things. I'm so happy! *cries* ;A;
This week's activities:
- I spent the weekend reading and studying about cinematography and composition shots (1851, 1852). It gave me so many ideas about how can I design CGs for Blooming Chimes. Very exciting!
- I sketched some redesigned sprites for Blooming Chimes (1853, 1854) and I may like them this way! I haven't had more time to work on this more due to some freelance works but I'll continue them as I take breaks.
- Iris is back! (1855) I did doodle page of her.
- A fanart illustration that I did after a few months not making any illustration (1856):
Drawing this was super relaxing!
- Listening to: Sanctuary
- Reading: Meow Man, it's hilarious!
- Watching: JoJo's Bizzare Adventure S3
- Playing: Cookie Run OvenBreak
- Others: I think I'll stop using insta after all for now – I was locked out twice out of my two attempts to log in in the past few months for no reasons (they thought I was a victim of phising or some sort, it's so weird). I don't use it much to begin with and now I'm more reluctant to log in with these weird behaviours.
As usual, thank you for everyone who's joining me here this week! I hope your weekend will be lovely. Take care!