Hello everyone! Welcome to the 27th weekly summary of the year.
This week's activity is very interesting! I'm doing lots of what I call: "vibe check" for Blooming Chimes. I rewrote some of the romance scenes that added a whopping 9,000 words into the build. (b ᵔ▽ᵔ;)b I feel like they flow much better now. They're also more fuwa fuwa and fluttery~ Ahhh, it makes me so happy!
In addition to that, I started to script BGMs into the build! It has been very surprising! Blooming Chimes has always been in mute but as I scripted the BGMs I suddenly know what I want and what I don't want. This realisation came so suddenly! Wow!
I initially planned some piano-based BGMs (I just love them) for Blooming Chimes but then I noticed that they don't work together! Piano-based BGMs have Illa Café vibes more than Blooming Chimes. Blooming Chimes shines even more with perky, musix-box style BGMs. This discovery is amazing! >///< Now that I write this down, it sounds like one baby step of progress, I couldn't believe I spent 4 days doing this BGM matching... Blooming Chimes has grown massive.
I also did several storyboard thumbnails while scripting the BGMs to visualise my feelings. They turned out so cute, I must have gone crazy that I want to keep all of them. Ahhh!! So many to draw!! But I cannot bear the thought of throwing away any of them!! 😭 I'll do them slowly and steadily~
Blooming Chimes progress
Starting from this week I'll clump my works in categories!
- Writing: I rewrote some romance scenes. My heart fluttered when I re-read them~! I wrote a lot more of Ozzy and Bell's fluffy scenes (it's probably almost as good as having second LI already – although Blooming Chimes is kinetic)! Haru and Bell's scenes are now at the ultimate level of fluffiness (personal opinion, hahaha) I squealed when I read them!
- Programming: I scripted BGMs and fixed pacing (pauses and scene changes). Sounds very simple, but I spent 4 full working days doing this! ;o; This VN is now massive.
- Art: I did an interesting panel (1795), a small background (1796) and drew many storyboard thumbnails (1797, 1798, 1799) as I rewrote scenes and implemented BGMs. Hopefully they will help me with the direction of the visuals. I also did doodle for the main LI Haru (1800).
- Audio: I procured many lovely BGMs! I hope to share them in the future once I finalise my build.
- GUI/UX: N/A.
- This month, Webtoon gives lots of daily pass so I'm binge-reading many lovely titles. One of my favourite that I recently finished is: Threads of Love!
- Cookie Run: OvenBreak's Electric Eel cookie's theme song is so good, man. 😭 It's just as good as the amazing Tower of Frozen Waves theme song! I keep on playing them on repeat!
- This week's weekly doodle is based on a small scene in Chapter 2 of Blooming Chimes:
It's in the shape of the original Blooming Chimes' concept: my mini comic To:You!! 💙😭 My art style changed a lot since then, I'm loving what I'm making now, though. I feel like my current art style is drawn more freely with loose lines and fluffy expressions.
I'm feeling so soft, everyday I'm indulging myself in fluffiness of sweet romances. ♡( ◡‿◡ )
As usual, thank you for everyone who's joining me here this week! I hope your weekend will be lovely. Take care!